2017 TEVET GRADUATE BEST BUSINESS PLAN AWARDS
The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training (TEVET) Authority in its quest to promote the growth of an entrepreneurial culture and the spirit of self-employment in the TEVET sector is inviting submissions for the 2017 TEVET GRADUATE BEST BUSINESS PLAN AWARDS. The aim of these awards is to encourage final year TEVET apprentices to originate viable business ideas that they can implement once they finish their training.
Section 5(e) and (j) of the TEVET Act of 1999 mandates the TEVET Authority to instill an entrepreneurial culture that promotes self-employment and increases employment opportunities for the youth of Malawi. In order to fulfil this function the TEVET Authority awards various outstanding TEVET business ideas annually as a way of motivating graduates to opt for entrepreneurship when they finish their studies. Apprentices will compete in their field of study at national level including those in the miscellaneous category.
• Should be final year students in registered TEVET institutions.
• Apprentices should develop business plans preferably within their field of study.
• Apprentices opting to present business plans in areas other than their field of study will compete under a miscellaneous category.
• Apprentices should develop business plans that are legally acceptable within the laws of Malawi.
• Apprentices may develop business plans either as an individual or a group (partnership).
Successful students will get the following prizes:
• A cash prize of K200,000.00;
• A trophy;
• Linkage to financing institutions; and,
• Support through business training and incubation.
Interested final year apprentices should complete a free application form available at TEVET Secretariat, TEVET Regional Service Centres (Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu), NICE Offices, Teacher Development Centres, District TEVET Desk Officers and on the website link http://www.teveta.mw/index.php/downloads/tevetgraduateentrepreneurawardsapplicationform.pdf/detail
All applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 31st May, 2017 to:
The Executive Director
For further information call: The Entrepreneurship Development Officer on 265 01 775 211/245